Design Build Difference
Feel the design build difference
Custom homes first start with the floor plans. This process of planning and designing a custom home will be new for many of you. With all the moving parts and pieces, our in home design team works hand-in-hand with you to develop a custom floor plan. We work with you from the pre-design to your final plans.
- Pre-Design and Research, is the perfect place to begin planning your custom home experience. It all begins with our design team working with you on the following:
- Creating a timeline for design and construction
- Creating a budgetary targets for the project
- Covering expectations to give you a positive experience
- Guiding you through the overall journey
- First Rendition/Floor Plan & Design-Schematic Development is the first plan design that provides you with the view of your new home! Having our in house drafting and design team, we can offer a 3D rendition of what your home will look like, as well as traditional floor plan.
- Square Footage: Our team can design for you based on any requirements you have for your target square footage. Bexson Homes calculates the living square footage with the exterior footage. The first rendition notes these calculations.
- Flow of Home: After noting your square footage, it’s time for you to envision yourself in the new home. It includes adding windows, patios, glass panels, and exterior doors where you want to take in the views.
- Coming and Going: Each of these house plans includes another focus point being the location of the garage and entry into the house. You’ll have to make decisions about space to include in these, such as closet spaces, mudrooms, or separate entrances from these spaces.
- With Subsequent Renditions, the designer can provide more interior details (built-ins and cabinetry locations, flooring types, kitchen and vanity layouts with plumbing locations, and electrical plans) and exterior elevations. It also includes and future spaces you are planning to have. The new set of plans now has enough information to create a sales price from the new plan to move forward with construction contract.
- Final Plans/Construction Drawings go into even more detail than the subsequent renditions. This plan contains exact measurements for walls, door swings, exterior door styles, square footage for flooring types and countertops, optional items, etc. You, the homeowner, review and sign off on the plans before they are sent to our 3rd party engineers (when required) to be stamped.
Designing custom dream homes to a higher standard.
Bexson Homes can help you create your dream custom home plans whether you’re starting from scratch, or your interested in ranch-style, farmhouse style, craftsman, Mediterranean, contemporary, colonial, or whatever your personal style is! Contact us today to discuss building the custom home of your dreams!